Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Book the Fourth (and stuff)

I was going to let this go by w/o commenting, but it has been bothering me. Oh, what would a book challenge be for me if I actually finished one. It would take all the *fun* out of it. Yeah, I only read three - again! But I guarantee had I said "I will read three" I would have only read two. That my dears is how the world-according-to-Chay works*.

To be perfectly honest about it though, I don't think I have finished a book in like a month. I started reading..wait let me turn around and count... 9 books in the past month - none of them I have finished, and some of them are quite overdue. And this is not a number that includes academic scholarly books. No, they are all fantasy or fiction of some sort (and one mystery that is amazing if I ever get through it; The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie). However, grad school caused me to develop ADD, which I have acknowledged usually as a joke, but might actually be serious.

Oh, and might I remind myself and everyone else that I have to read 4 Faulkner books in the next month or so. That has a potential of being completed b/c I will be flying home for Christmas and I usually manage to get at least one read during my journeys, and then I will have some time off to just lay around in warmer climates whilst trying to not stress about being unemployed next semester.

Since I might not post before then - Happy Turkey Day. I am attending a Thanksgiving Dinner largely as a bum in which my sole contribution will be fruit salad and potentially port or vodka. But I like fruit salad, and alcohol, so it kinda works for me.

*i.e. sort of half-assed most of the time

No comments:

Post a Comment