Tuesday, October 20, 2009

insert expletive here

Finally we are at the point in the class that I teach where I feel comfortable and suitably knowledgeable - i.e. religion, symbolism, mythology, meaning. All such fun things. And we are reading about shamanism - should be fun. Except that it is only Tuesday and I am exhausted. Was being nice and scheduled extra office hours this week. That was a train wreck. I'm glad I helped people but sitting in the office 4 1/2 hours one day then 2 1/2 the next day talking to students non stop during those periods totally wore me out. That shouldn't be strenuous, but really I could go to sleep right now (it is 8:36pm at this exact moment). Except that I have to right a lesson plan for tomorrow, finish reading several books, and write an exam.

On a positive note, I went to a concert over the weekend (god, was that really 4 days ago?!). St. Vincent. Normally I would link to her website or post some sort of video in the "music of the moment" space to the right, but I don't feel like it. She was cool. And I mean that word quite specifically. My friend lent me her c.d. which I am now listening to. I think I like her a bit better in concert, but still good stuff.

2 comments:

  1. I, too, made the mistake of scheduling extra office hours this week. Except, instead of being deluged by students, I've been entirely wasting my time. No one comes in, and I have a terrible time getting any work done in the TA office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know, I might have taken "just siting there" over a constant stream of students. Really b/c I got tired of saying the exact same thing over and over and over...

    ReplyDelete