Friday, September 20, 2013

R.I.P. VIII

It is slowly getting to be fall weather here where I am.  The Halloween decorations are out, aisles in my local stores have been taken over with Halloween candy. Must be that time of the year again. The R.I.P. challenge.

I almost forgot about it this year. But it isn't my fault. I fairly recently moved back from Ukraine, got a new apt, a new job, a new roommate. And I'm supposed to be writing my dissertation. Because of all that I'm keeping it super simple this year.

Before I tell you what I'm going to do, here is a brief description of what the RIP reading challenge is.
1. Have fun reading (and watching).
2. Share that fun with others.


Oh and read something (or watch something)  in any of these categories:
Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.

There are different levels of participation. For more information see here.

This year I'm going with Peril the Third in which I read only one book.  I have decided to read NOS4A2 by Joe Hill. I kind of enjoyed Horns when I read it (probably for a RIP challenge one year), but I remember not liking the ending much. Time to give Hill another chance I think.

I'm also going to complete Peril on the Screen. My friend made a Lovecraftian movie called Long on the Island.  I'm pretty darn thrilled about it.

Finally, I will do Peril of the Short Story. I haven't decided on anything for that, so suggestions are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment