Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Food and Friends

The past few days have been busy, but super fun. A couple of my friends that I met this summer came to visit. It was a bit weird seeing them here at first; in part b/c I never really thought it would happen, and also b/c it was just out of context.

I have eaten entirely too much food with them since Monday though. The first night I had amazing samosa, and then a couple of good (half priced) martinis. The next day we wandered about town a bit, had some beers, and later a mutual friend grilled all sorts of tasty food for us (steak, chicken, mushrooms, peppers, eggplant), and we spent about 8 hours eating and drinking Ukrainian vodka (cranberry-amazing-delicious-vodka). We played Ukrainian Scrabble, which I suck at, but it was fun (or funny, not sure which). Then we made a random decision to go to this dive bar (after midnight) where they have Euro-techno night on Tuesday's. It was hilarious, and a bit scary at the same time.

Today we had lunch at a restaurant that is apparently run by a cult. The people there were friendly though, so I don't think its a bad cult, but sort of a Christian/communal/miracle-faith based cult (or New Religious Movement to be non-biased). Then for dinner I wasn't really hungry, but we went to an Indian/Tibetan place. The fried vegetable fritters came with some sort of tomato sauce that was seriously heavenly, but I couldn't finish all of them. The waitress was nice enough to provide me with a huge to-go bowl full of the sauce.
I don't think I can eat anything else for at least 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment