Friday, August 29, 2008

Success

I made it through another meeting for school. Hurray! Seriously though towards the end I wanted to bang my head against the wall - honestly! It was already scheduled to be 4 hours long - and then the speaker went over. Not good. And 90% of the talks I had heard before.

However, even more importantly, I finished my skirt. Its a bit short, but that has more to do with the overall unalterable width of the fabric, rather than any mistake on my part. Of course, its definitely not perfect and I totally messed up the top, but I figure if I wear a longer shirt then no one will notice that part. Its white though, and presently a bit see through so I have to make an underskirt, or buy a slip - probably the later.

Next project: probably a bag of some sort, so that I have an excuse to buy crazy fabrics. This is unlikely actually to happen any time soon though b/c school starts next week, and I will be super busy.

One last note, I have talked some of my friends into taking Zumba with me! Belly dance isn't offered anymore as an excercise class (though I can still join the club at my university, which I might do b/c I love the music and it gives me a break from anthropology), so the only other one that I might slightly like is Zumba (
not taking hip-hop, tried it once, and was totally lost). I think this one is Latin based, and the web site makes it sound fun - but that might just be due to a successful marketing campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment