Monday, August 31, 2009

Cat-Sitting: Day One

I agreed to watch my friend's cat for like 2 weeks. I thought this would be great b/c I love cats. Kishka ("cat" in Ukrainian) has been here about 2 hours. First he hid underneath the couch. His owner tried to get him to come out so that she could say goodbye to him, but he just hissed at her. I will try to keep that in mind when he starts hissing at me...oh, I mean I should keep that in mind while he is hissing at me now. Yeah, he finally came out from under the couch and ended up in my closet. I saw him and started talking to him (in English though apparently he speaks Ukrainian) and he started making some odd noises. Sort of like sounds of discomfort. So I got up and walked in his general direction - he started hissing. Full out, fangs bared.

I guess I could say then that so far the experience has been great! :) Hopefully he will come around, and also hopefully not break anything while I am gone all day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment