Saturday, September 5, 2009

...Of Cats and Corsets and Chocolate Ice Cream

I used to have two other cats. I had them when I was an undergraduate, but left them with my parents b/c I couldn't have cats in my apt where I live now (i.e. Kishka is a secret, so don't tell my landlord). Their names are Nikolai Ivanovich and Ivan Nikolaiovich - and no I didn't make those names up to be mean. It is from a book. What I noticed was that they would always sit on the things that I needed. Like if I were reading a book, or if there were some papers on the floor. Apparently Kishka has this problem too, except that he gets mad when you try to move him. Like today. I moved him off of my makeup, he sat on my purse, I moved him from there (all the while he is making these fussy not quite growling not quite meowing sounds), he tries to sit on my glasses, and I have to intercept. Finally he storms off to sit on the corner of my bed after swatting at me a few times with his paws. B/c I found the entire incident amusing I took a little video - well, and also b/c I kinda like playing with my new phone.




The other stuff referred to in the title here is that I went to a mini food festival type thing today. I went a few years ago - both times it was fun. Of course it was though b/c what could be better than all the restaurants in your town gathering in one place, and offering samples of their food? I had some squash curry, buttermilk hush puppies, eggplant fries...oh, and some dark chocolate ice cream. All really really delicious.
However, today was a game day. So all the crazies were out (and all wearing red). Got asked a few weird questions. The first I won't type out here b/c I have no clue what the girl was talking about, and my luck it is some sexual position that I do not want to know about.
The second question was "could you buckle my shoe?" Strange enough having someone ask you that who is waiting for a bus at 10pm at night. Even stranger was that she was wearing a tiny plaid school-girl style skirt and a white corset. I am thinking she couldn't buckle her shoe b/c the corset was too tight, but I mean really if you are wearing something that prevents you from getting properly dressed - i.e. buckling your red 4 inch heels - then you probably shouldn't be wearing it. But maybe I'm just too conservative...

2 comments:

  1. I tried looking up the first question, but all I got was a bunch of weight-loss sites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, Kishka looks exactly like Phil Cat, which is Mrs. Sherry's really old cat. Secondly all cats sit on things that you need. Phil Cat sits on your quilts when you're making. Nermalene on the ironing board, and Seven on the keyboard. I think it's in their nature. Lastly, The Master and Margarita is amazing and I wish I was taking Eastern European Lit b/c that's what they're reading in class. And the sad fact is that nobody will appreciate it b/c we're in the Bible Belt. (Sigh) What a grave misfortune.

    ReplyDelete