Sunday, August 31, 2008

More on Gustav


"On Saturday, Gustav stretched 900 miles across and it continued to grow. In contrast, the footprint of Katrina was about 400 miles in diameter when it hit."

That is the scariest thing I have heard all day. It is huge!! So even if it does make a sudden turn further west it still is going to affect all of Louisiana.

My mom and grandma are leaving, my sister is up in Northern La. My brother and father are staying with the animals. Lots of my friends are staying. I was pretty ok, until I listened to Nagin's speech, and while I do feel he exaggerated a lot, he kind of made me panicky.

It is now expected to hit tomorrow, rather than Tuesday. They were saying that even though there are other weather systems in the gulf that could affect the direction of the hurricane, the thing is so big that it is unlikely. But still, I shouldn't start freaking now, since there is the potential that nothing super terrible will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment