Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Cloverfield and ANTM

Even though class has started and I have been super overwhelmed today thinking about how I will manage all of these insanely work-intensive courses, plus apply for grants, in addition to eating and sleeping every once in a while.... I spent the afternoon watching the movie Cloverfield, and the second half of the 2-hour premier of America's Next Top Model.

Cloverfield was ok. Not my favorite movie ever, but definitely not the worst. Wasn't super scary, and I guess it was lacking a certain "completeness." I'm sure people will justify it by saying, oh but the premise of the movie takes care of that b/c supposedly it was filmed by some guy and his friends as they were running for their lives. Well, maybe, but it needed something more to tie it all together. And the ending, I mean I guess I know what happened, and I harass my mom all the time b/c she wants every single tiny possible conceivable storyline/question answered, but again there could have been something more at the ending, than the way they did it. But really I give it like a B.

On the other hand ANTM. I don't know why I am so addicted to this show. I think it is Mr. Jay, definitely not Ms. Jay, he is annoying. Its definitely not Tyra she is annoying too. But its seriously addictive, in the way that facebook is addictive (conspiracy? are they working together?...). This season features a transgender model. My friend, when I tell her this "oh did you hear..." replies with "They have been talking about that for months" Ok, so I don't read "People" magazine or follow the gossip columns. I'm not that obsessed. Should be an interesting season, but honestly I think its always interesting - yes every single episode - even when nothing really happens.

Now, I really am going to go read some articles, for a class that I might potentially drop, but just in case....

Updated to add: serious rambling going on in the post, not sure if any of these are actual grammatical sentences...ah well, these things happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment